[RFI] Multi-Stage High Efficiency Air Conditioner Units

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:18:56 EST 2020

In the front end of any good graduate level antenna text resides the
Theorem of Reciprocity:  "A good emitter is a good receiver".

Yes, it works both ways.  And don't forget to not pass conductors near high
magnetic fields like onboard SMPSs.  Even though not directly connected,
they become good antenna of the energy grabbed from the inductor mag.
fields.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 9:12 PM <krgoodwin at comcast.net> wrote:

> Don't forget the problem in reverse.  On my new variable speed HVAC system,
> with a KW linear on CW - I would actually key the compressor.  (Even though
> the compressor timeout would disallow multi on/offs, the contactor relay
> would still send good CW !)  The culprit was the thermostat line
> (4-conductor) where installing an RF filter (LC circuit) on each of the
> four
> conductors in addition to some ferrites on the line easily solved the
> problem.  Next re-install I will put in a shielded multi-conductor
> thermostat control line which was my baseline for the house LAN (shielded
> ethernet line).  Shielded cat XX (ethernet) line costs more but I think the
> cost is worth it since my tower/beam is right next to the house  Ken K5RG

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*