[RFI] mysterious voices, music come from house's walls

Bill Steffey ny9h at arrl.net
Mon Feb 24 10:13:26 EST 2020

stories from the past talk about Downers Groves homes put in near the
old WCFL transmitter...would have music coming from metal heating ducts.
The junction of the metal duct runs would oxidize and eventually grow a
bit of a detector   and demodulate in the walls. Supposedly ,,,banging
on the walls ( ductwork) would clear the issue ( for a while).

fact or fiction ????

"Cumulus Media 's Berger said an expert can also check inside the wall
for corroded piping or duct work.     yep I'll imagine that is the problem .

Its daytime transmitter facilities and two-towerarray
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_array>are located inDes Plaines
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Plaines,_Illinois>and its nighttime
transmitter facilities and six-tower array are located inLockport
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockport,_Illinois>.   BINGO...