[RFI] mysterious voices, music come from house's walls

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 24 14:07:07 EST 2020

On 2/24/2020 7:13 AM, Bill Steffey wrote:
> Its daytime transmitter facilities and two-towerarray
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_array>are located inDes Plaines
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Plaines,_Illinois>and its nighttime
> transmitter facilities and six-tower array are located inLockport
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockport,_Illinois>.   BINGO...

Plug lat/lon and a distance into this link will yield detailed station
tech data for all stations within that range.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/am-query

Click on the FM or TV tabs to get data for those stations.

When I was a kid and AM ruled on the ham bands, there was a story
circulating about a ham who got a complaint from a neighbor who thought
it was indecent for the ham to be in bed with his wife, because
something -- bed springs, electric blanket, ???? -- was rectifying RF
and vibrating. Who knows if it was real or a gag.

73, Jim K9YC