[RFI] advice wanted: finding the source of mixing products

Matt NQ6N matt at nq6n.com
Mon Feb 24 16:03:53 EST 2020

Thanks much for the tips, Jim.  Do you know if the wall warts can cause
mixing when they are not plugged into the wall or if the circuit breaker is
turned off?

In my testing the other day I did not see any difference in the 14.786 MHz
mixing product when turning off all of the breakers in the breaker box.
Does that test eliminate any warts on those circuits as culprits for the
specific mixing that remains present at 14.786?

My next test will be to power down the entire house and transmit with the
KX2 on battery, connected directly to the antenna, and confirm that the
mixing product is still there (eliminating anything in the shack itself).

73,
Matt NQ6N