[RFI] Grow Lights

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 7 15:13:52 EST 2020

"We found it nearly impossible to narrow down any search on HF because
of the longer wavelengths"

I used HF a few times.  With a 5' sense antenna, I was able to narrow
down a single pole to 18 square miles!

HF was great- in the 1920's.

Now, I start around 120 MHz, and work up to about 1 GHz.  I can't do 18
miles on foot, it's bad enough in a vehicle, but I can locate a single
pole, and differentiate from the next, at 85 MPH at UHF.

Current RFI locating requires techniques more recent than early last
century.

Grab a $5 Chinese radio with AM VHF/UHF, a $3 coaxial jumper, and a $10
directive energy device (antenna), and start there.

Kurt