[RFI] Fwd: Re: Guidance on finding noise?

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Sun Jan 12 12:51:16 EST 2020

Just a quick tip that may help someone; I use free software called
"Audacity" to record the suspected power line rfi and then expand it to
where you can count the pulses (120 per minute/30 per 15 seconds) to at
least prove 60hz power line arcing. All my many many many power line arc
sources have been audible at least into VHF also for individual pole
tracking.

My current one is audible to 144mhz but not 440mhz using a FT817 and
FT60 both on AM with homebrew yagi's. I been pondering building another
yagi for about 300mhz. But this current source i believe is on one of
two poles (maybe 10-15' apart). They are scheduled to replace one or
both coincidentally due to the pole being old/rotten. Last communication
with them was almost 2 months ago. Still waiting.........

Chuck
AF4O