[RFI] Guidance on finding noise?

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Jan 13 00:12:40 EST 2020

With any kind of direction finding antenna, you have to be aware of
polarization. A vertically polarized loop, for example, may give very
misleading bearings if the noise happens to be mostly horizontally
polarized. When I walk around with my 135 MHz yagi tracker, I rotate its
polarization as I sweep around in azimuth, and often find the most
distinctive peak with it mostly vertically polarized.

73,
Scott K9MA