[RFI] Guidance on finding noise?

Michael Martin mike at rfiservices.com
Mon Jan 13 07:52:07 EST 2020

Hey Scott,
The next time you DF a power line noise pay close attention to your distance away from the pole. By moving back and forth, a half a wavelength of the freq you're using, you'll notice you can go in and out of the peaks. Once you're at the peak signal level, I think you'll notice that when you're at the source your antenna is actually diagonally polarized. if you're horizontally polarized you're usually much further away from the source. As you approach the power line source you'll find your signal level, using a yagi, is strongest in the diagonal position.
If you don't mind let me know your findings.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​