[RFI] Choke questions

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 21 16:42:48 EST 2020

It could happen, but I've not experienced it.  It was a problem with TFE
insulated wire wrap if the wire route was very tight to a post.  The
spec on posts was 0.002" maximum corner radius and I've never seen
anything that sharp on ferrite cores.

Another factor is it is pretty difficult to get a very tight wrap with
RG400 or #12. If concerned, then 1/4" or 3/8" wide kapton tape wrap of
the core is a choice.  Or diamond file any rough spots.

IIRC, Fair-Rite also offers optional epoxy coatings for most all
products, but I've never seen that for #31 cores in stock.

Grant KZ1W