[RFI] Swimming Pool Pump RFI

Jim McCook w6ya at cox.net
Fri Jun 26 00:32:56 EDT 2020

Hi Jim,

The installer told me he will be sure the manufacturer has a solution or
he will remove it and install a AC motor or whatever it takes to stop
the noise.  I'm going to leave the entire project up to the owner and
installer.  They know about FCC Part 15.  It seems that DC motors are
showing up everywhere.  My neighbor had to remove several DC motor
ceiling fans.  I offered to visit the fan store with him to pick a clean
model.  Most all were DC fans and we only found a couple that did not
generate RFI.  The store took the previous fans back and installed the
new ones.  My biggest help with neighbors has been a copy of the WSJ RFI
article From March 12, 2014.  If anyone wants a MS Word version I can
Email it.  Jim W6YA