[RFI] Looking for explanation...

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:12:52 EDT 2020

Hi Grant,

Treadmills are notorious RFI generators due to their variable speed
drives.  I suspect you are onto something regarding what outlet it's
plugged into versus how long the run is relative to resonance.  On my wifes
treadmill I had to add a choke on the power cord for common mode rejection,
as well as a commercial input power filter for differential mode
suppression.  Here is a link to a youtube video showing my treadmill RFI
and the two filters I used.

I always knew when my old neighbor was on her treadmill, and had a lot of
fun telling her so.

73,
Don (wd98dsb)