[RFI] Update on W9RE 160 meter interference from neighbors cable box/power supply.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Mar 4 01:41:45 EST 2020

On 3/3/2020 3:52 PM, Don Kirk wrote:
> the homeowner took his
> Cable Box and its power supply to the local Comcast facility, and they gave
> him a new Cable Box and this solved the 160 meter RFI problem Mike (W9RE)
> was having.

About ten years ago, W8JI posted to one of the reflectors I read that he
called his DSL provider and told them to give him a box without RFI.
They did.

I've often advised folks having RFI problems with a specific piece of
gear to call the vendor/mfr, ask them to fix it, and not take "no" for
an answer.

Thanks for posting, Don.

73, Jim K9YC