[RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

w2ay at atmc.net w2ay at atmc.net
Wed Mar 4 13:00:09 EST 2020

  Is  there a problem with  snow  build-up on  the new  LED  lights. ?
   I  ask  because , I  assume  there  is  no heat  to  melt  any  build up of  snow. .  Before  the change to  LED lights, did  snow  block  the  lights ?
							 Bill / w2ay

The entire city of Bloomington, Minnesota has LED street lights.  There is one less than a half block from my house.  The Mall of America is six miles East of me and the entire parking ramp is LED lighted.

I was also concerned when they started the project.  So far I have not noticed any increase of noise from these lights.  They’ve been in place now for a few years.  They save on electric power and the old street lights used to be a problem when the automatic switches failed, those were operated by light sensors on top of the old street lights.  I think there is a similar setup with the LED lights, but so far have not failed..

Good luck

Dale, K9VUJ