[RFI] RFI-free Vehicle 5v USB Adapter?

Gary Johnson gwj at wb9jps.com
Sun Mar 15 13:39:32 EDT 2020

Actually, KA7OEI is on the right track. Be prepared to be disappointed with regards to RFI from Chinese dc-dc converter modules. Extensive input and output filtering MUST be added if you want to eliminate a significant amount of the conducted emissions garbage. And no, there is no “progress” in the world of these modules. I have detailed reviews of two such modules on my RFI page, with modification and filtering recommendations. http://wb9jps.com/Gary_Johnson/RFI.html <http://wb9jps.com/Gary_Johnson/RFI.html>  One uses an LM2596, the other a MP1584EN. The latter is astoundingly bad for several reasons...

-Gary NA6O