[RFI] Epic PWRgate charging noise?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri May 1 10:11:25 EDT 2020

I realize this is a difficult question, but I wonder if anyone has
experience with the West Mountain Radio Epic PWRgate and would be
willing to comment on whether noise was perceptible or not under what
sort of conditions.  (And yes, I realize that to figure out if it is
bothersome in my station with my antennas and my existing noise sources,
I need to get one and try it.)

It has a charger from the power supply to battery, and says it does MPPT
for the solar panel.  It also has a "charge disable" button that is
described as:

  Battery charge suspend button to eliminate current draw or charger
  noise for 30 minutes. Possible RFI may be emitted from MPPT charge
  controller.

The product page and the manual are devoid of any conducted or radiated
emissions specifications :-(

http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=epic-pwrgate

73 de n1dam