[RFI] looking for larger size ferrites

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 1 17:10:13 EDT 2020

What frequency(ies) are you trying to suppress?  In general, simply
clamping a ferrite over coax or hard line is effective only from about
100-500 MHz, depending on the ferrite mix. Fair-Rite #31 or #43 below
about 250 MHz, #61 above that. Multiple turns on Fair-Rite #31 are
required below that frequency.

http://k9yc.com/2018Cookbook.pdf
http://k9yc.com/ChokesVHF.pdf

I've found Arrow Electronics to be a great vendor for the the quantities
of parts that I need IF they have them in stock, and they stock a lot of
Fair-Rite. Shipping is free for a $50 order placed online. Other vendors
and a tutorial discussion of how ferrite chokes work are in this link.
http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

  On 5/1/2020 11:56 AM, David Huff wrote:
 > I am looking for a source of larger size ferrites, preferably clamp
on style big enough to go over LDF4-50 cable. (16 to 18mm Inside Diameter)