[RFI] Rfi help

Don Kirk wd8dsb at gmail.com
Sun May 17 09:43:22 EDT 2020

Hi Randy,

You told me off line that you have S9+ noise on all HF bands.  I see
someone mentioned that you should read Jims (K9YC) paper on Killing
Receiver Noise, and I suggest you first do what he recommends in his paper
on page 5 of 19 which is to "first kill power to your home while listening
to your rig while it's running on batteries."  You need to understand where
the noise is coming from, and the first step is to understand if it's noise
generated from your own property, or elsewhere.

Assuming the noise is not coming from your own property, do you have any
antennas that are directional (like a beam that you can rotate, etc.)?

Is the noise level S9+ on all HF bands all of the time?

Don (wd8dsb)