[RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 09:45:43 EDT 2020

Hey folks,

                I don't work a lot of 20 meters, but was thinking I might use it during Field Day for a 1E operation. I have some 'noise' that starts around 11 MHz and gets stronger as I tune up the band. It is about S8-S9 across all of 20 meters and finally plays out around 15.600 MHz. I made a video showing the issue and placed it on Youtube here:
https://youtu.be/HD3sH-YjdyE

                I have preformed tests turning the breakers off to my home one at a time as well as turning the master breaker off and running the radio from a battery. The noise is unchanged by this. The noise is there 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

                The antenna is a simple ground mounted vertical in my backyard.

                Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" kk0sd