[RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters

AA5CT jwin95 at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 18:35:06 EDT 2020

 Gary,

How long has the noise been affecting you? A week, several weeks, or a month?

My noise source on 160 and 80 meters originating from a residence with
buried utilities in the alley ceased a month or so back, and had been
going for 4 months or so. I lucked out. Didn't have to make a cold call.

The opening line I've used when contacting neighbors is: "Have you had
any radio or TV interference lately?"

That line paid off with a neighbor down the block and on the other
street (we share the same alley w/buried utilities) and turns out he
did have some occasional interference to his TV at the time. It
turned out to the the cheap switching power supply charger
for his kids minibike battery. He was going to unplug it when
it was not used so I was satisfied on the one. YMMV.

73 and good luck.

de AA5CT Jim

.
.