[RFI] Noise centered around 20 meters

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat May 23 22:54:45 EDT 2020

On 5/23/2020 7:31 PM, K9MA wrote:
> The next time I went back there, the tracker pointed to a power pole
> across the street from her house, and has ever since. All I can figure
> is that there might have been multiple sources which added up in such a
> way as to make it look like it was coming from that house.
>
> So now I'm back to doing battle with the power company.

Scott,

Have you done what Dave and I have both suggested and looked at it on
the waterfall of a good receiver? My troubleshooting guide shows how to
distinguish between power line noise and electronic noise. Have you
followed Dave's excellent advice about using a very long, very slow
waterfall to see when various noise sources start and stop?

73, Jim K9YC