[RFI] RV converter noise

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue May 26 15:30:20 EDT 2020

On 5/26/2020 11:36 AM, Jim Netwal via RFI wrote:
> Can I put toroids on the power leads?

I'm guessing this is a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter. Yes. There's an AC line
filter on page 23 of k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  You can also use my latest
(2018) Cookbook for transmitting chokes wound with #12 THHN as a rough
guide for the DC side, in both cases, increasing the wire size as needed
to handle the current. Don't go by the circuit rating, measure the
currents under something close to the full loads you actually use.

73, Jim K9YC