[RFI] Sine wave correction for small generators

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Nov 1 01:10:21 EST 2020

On 10/31/2020 8:06 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> I am considering adding a 60 Hz "tuned circuit" in line after my emergency 7500 watt
> generator.

Without addressing your proposal, I will suggest the choke that W6GJB
and I jointly designed and he built for our county expeditions and FD. A
few years ago it was added to the ARRL Handbook. It's described, with
photos, on page 23 of my latest update to http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Make sure to get this from my website, not from someone who has (without
my permission) posted an older version on his website. :) I've added
lots of new stuff (and removed other stuff when this old dog learned new
tricks) in more than a half dozen revisions since first publishing it in
2007.

73, Jim K9YC