[RFI] solaredge questions

Tony 73guddx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:43:09 EST 2020

David:

In my experience, there are two distinct noises that radiate from the
optimizers and inverter which you can see in the video I posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9awWs4mwC4

The "modulated" traces you see on the spectral display emanate from the
DC Optimizers. The steady carriers are caused by the inverter.

We found this to be the case using the process or elimination i.e.,
shutting down the inverter and covering the solar panels with tarps
during daylight hours.

My neighbor has the European model optimizers and his old inverter was
recently swapped for a new unit. I have the model numbers on file and
will send them to you ASAP.

The RFI characteristics changed slightly with these modifications, but
the overall strength of the interference has not changed. The RF chokes
installed on the DC side a few years back help somewhat but the noise is
still S-9 or better.

Tony -K2MO