[RFI] Ensuring an RFI free air conditioner install

Steve Dyer w1srd at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 20:44:10 EDT 2020

I have a variable speed Bryant (same as Carrier) and it is RF silent, so
I don't agree 100%. It also has an ECM fan motor on the outdoor unit and
an ECM motor in the air handler. I couldn't be happier both with it's
efficiency and RF silence.
That said, as a general rule Jim is correct. More people have had
problems than successes.
My unit does have a factory filter on the AC line input and when I
installed it Bryant factory engineer was keen to know if it worked. It did.
I do hope when I have to replace the compressor it behaves the same.
Built by Litton if I recall.
Your best bet is to find an installer that will take you to another
customer with the exact same install they are pitching and you can
listen yourself with a portable setup.
I was lucky to find a really good HVAC guy near me that was amenable.
73/GL,
Steve
W1SRD