[RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 16:51:03 EDT 2020

Will do. I have s cheap SDR that I can use to examine the local radio
environment. The question is what antenna should I use? I have a discone
up at nearly 60 ft and I'm tempted to look at 3-54 MHz using in. I may
try going down to 1.8 MHz but have a 1 kW AM BC station at 1.4 MHz about
4 mi away and I dunno how well the SDR will handle that.

I learned a little bit more: it'll be about 1 1/4 mi away and likely be
complete in 4-5 mos.

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"A great second violinist plays second fiddle to no one." //– Robert C.
Marsh, Chicago Sun-Times./