[RFI] Solar Farm Mobil measurement

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 20:58:38 EDT 2020

Date/Time: 5pm 9/22/2020
Location (GPS coordinates and/or street address. Describe location if necessary).
30560 Mc Cabe RoadGustine, CANext to the National Cemetery at Santa Nella

How far was the measurement location from any part of the solar system?
Less than 100 feet
Sun conditions:  Sunny
Band:  40 meters
Receiver: Icom 7000
Antenna: HI-Q antenna- tuned to 40 meters
Antenna height: pickup mounted
Mode (AM preferred, SSB useful): AM
Bandwidth (6 kHz preferred, 3 kHz useful): 6khz
Preamp off, if possible: Off
Noise level:  Possible S3 on on one frequency that cleared up as I drove away.
Is the noise relatively constant across a large part of the band, or does it get louder and weaker at regular intervals as the receiver is tuned.
At this time it appears to be mostly quiet on 40 meters.

Maybe 600 acres, in two locations. The first location was clean all thru the band S1 to S2 noise level. The second location had one Frequency that had the S3 level. Was it from the array???? Driving thru Santa Nella I had a higher noise level.
Appears to be well engineered, the fence under the local power lines are totally bonded and grounded.  Each post is grounded and bonded. I assume for inducted current off of the power line.
Forgot to turn off Noise Blanker and the DSP NR.NR set at level 1NB set at 60%  width at 80
Not too scientific, but some data.

Mike73, AD6AA