[RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 26 00:14:51 EDT 2020

On 9/25/2020 8:41 PM, Tony wrote:
> Jim (K9YC) gave TJ recommendations on the type of chokes that were to be
> installed on my neighbors installation. However, I'm not sure how much
> of Jim's design was actually used.

Tony,

My only communication with Solar Edge was with Tefford Reed. I met with
him several times, he sent me samples of their cables, asked me to
evaluate chokes and to make recommendations. I did, handed him chokes I
recommended, gave him a lot of written advice, and never heard from him
again. Nearly a year later, I communicated those recommendations to Ed
Hare.

Note also that I was only asked to help with wiring on the roof, and
that's all that I was given information on. But in conversations and
emails, I repeatedly urged design of the electronics to minimize
generation of noise in the first place, both in waveshaping and in
proper interface to the outside world, including proper bonding.

I don't recall "TJ," but I get a lot of email and try to respond as best
I can.

73, Jim K9YC