[RFI] Question Regarding Variations In Solar Panel RFI? [and magic]

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 28 23:21:57 EDT 2020

Working in EMC was (and can be still) ) a lot of fun; many if not most
of my  colleagues and  co-workers didn't understand my logic.   Ed, when
they  closed down Tandy's EMC lab, I was the last one there, and when
AST bought out Radio Shacks computer business, they left things behind
in RS's surplus/maybe working store,  which is how I happened to find
the LISN ARRL bought from me  sometime later.

Fun? I'd been blamed for turning off bare motherboards in a software
testing lab -- and they were in such a hurry  they 1) counldn't get
assembled computers, 2) orafford ESD chairs and tiles, plus 3) needed
that fixed RIGHT NOW.   I had them spritz the office chairs they were
using with water adn dish detergent -- and for quite some tme,they all
had wet seats and trousers.

Tandy made a non-computer (to avoid TI's 14% IC royalties) and they
blamed the EMC lab when the Board of Directors was celebrating the new
product .  The TV they were using had strange colors washing across the
screen -- and  I had a hunch, one confirmed  with an unplugged
hotplate.  It was like that everywhere I was hired; NOT magic -- just HS
physics.

It was like that in the Army, too:
https://www.quora.com/Do-you-pretend-that-youre-smart/answer/Cortland-Richmond
<https://www.quora.com/Do-you-pretend-that-youre-smart/answer/Cortland-Richmond>