[RFI] (no subject)

Donald Kemp nn8b.oh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:09:02 EDT 2021

I see some RFI on 17 meters at approximately 18.0985 mhz.
This Is the only band I've seen this on.
It is probably local but I've never seen the type like this on the
waterfall.
It disappears when the antenna is disconnected.

If the pics attached are visible; what does it look like to you?
It looks like the fundamental frequency has 2 traces and harmonics up
frequently
appear about 4 times and the harmonics down frequency appear about 7 or 8
times
each time getting weaker with the traces getting further apart.
The span including all visible harmonics is about 1500 Hz.

The traces do not seem to get stronger from an untuned antenna to a tuned
antenna.
Sometimes they do not change frequencies and sometimes they drift up
frequency
and sometimes they drift down frequency slightly.
 Sometimes it will jump about 100 Hz up or down.
The rig is a Yaesu FTDX10, antenna is a Tennadyne TD90 running through an
LDG-AT1000ProII tuner.

I hope the pics will be shown.

Anyone ever seen this kind of trace?

Don, NN8B
"Meanwhile, with ever increasing power, the telegraph has become not only
the master of commerce, but the tongue of mankind." - James D. Reid, 1886