[RFI] Raspberry PI / Wall wart RFI

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Apr 3 01:41:24 EDT 2021

On 4/2/2021 8:46 PM, Jim Rhodes wrote:
> Yes, at least 2.5 amps of regulated 5 V with a USB-C connector.

Regulation throws another potential monkey-wrench into the works --
unless you get a very good one, they also tend to be noisy. Like Gary's
observation of Apple PSU's, I've found Lenovo's to also be pretty quiet.
BUT -- they're all much higher voltage than you need. And quiet DC-DC
converters are as hard to find as a quiet SMPS!

Before dumping the one you have, I suggest that you try choking all the
wiring around that entire setup, following the recommendations in my
tutorials. Usually noise sources don't radiate the noisy themselves,
they put the noise on those wires and they do the radiating.

73, Jim K9YC