[RFI] Common Mode In-Shack Choke

Tony 73guddx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 16:29:50 EDT 2021

All:

While on the subject of common mode chokes, I'd like to add one in the
shack to prevent common mode noise from getting into my transceiver (I
already have chokes at the antennas).

I'd like to cover all HF bands if possible and wondered if using two
chokes in line  i.e., one with mix 31 and the other with mix 43 would do
the trick?

I was going to use 2.4 inch cores wrapped with RG-400 to keep things
simple. I've seen flexible versions of this coax which seem suitable for
the application and was wondering what brand is recommended. I have some
Davis Buryflex 400 on hand, but it's way too stiff.

Tony -K2MO