[RFI] Generac Solar Panel RFI In N.C.

Tony 73guddx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:39:37 EDT 2021

All:

I received a call from N1UK regarding solar panel RFI caused by a
neighbors newly installed system. He saw one of the videos I posted on
this subject while searching Youtube and I advised him to find out as
much information as possible about the system manufacturer and installer.

He determined that the system uses Generac optimizers with  the model
number APKE0010. The inverter is also Generac. The 36 panels are made by
Hanwha.

He was able to demonstrate the noise to a representative from Home Solar
which is the company who installed the system. The panels are ground
mounted and located 300 feet away from N1UK's antennas which made them
easy to probe for RFI.

I've received calls from all over the country regarding solar panel RFI
being caused by other manufactures but this is the first time I've heard
about Generac systems.

Just and FYI.

Tony -K2MO