[RFI] Old wives tail, or true?

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:56:00 EDT 2021

The input of the L-Network matching network is common mode.  The output of
the matching network is common mode.  The common mode choke belongs at the
matching network output which is common mode and terminates to the feedline
which is differential mode.  I at one time used to use a completely DM
matching network.  But when I discovered the associated losses with the
components I had on hand (I needed two roller inductors) I went with the CM
matching network with the CMC placed between the matching network and the
feedline.   Everything between the matching network and the transceiver,
through the amp, is in CM coax.  Distinguish between the fine points
between CM (common mode) and DM (differential mode) and it will become
clear.

Dave - WØLEV

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*