[RFI] Line noise vs Frequency

David Decoons rocketnj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:02:49 EDT 2021

This discussion has been very informative. I need to get the power company back out. One of two poles on my property has the HV for our neighborhood terminate on it. On dry breezy days I get bad arcing noise, most pronounced on 40 and 15 meters. Depending on particular day the power line noise can increase noise floor on 40 about 20 dB. The Flex 6600m wide noise blanker knocks it down almost completely. It really works well on power line noise.

When it rains the noise is not present. Has to be a dry, low humidity, and slightly breezy day.

Keep the tips coming !

73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my iPad