[RFI] Line noise vs Frequency

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:54:25 EDT 2021

Thanks, guys - I went out with my HF DF rig, and the one thing I'm
pretty sure of is that the point source is not nearby.  Anywhere along
the neighborhood-level feed that runs along the West side of my property
I get a similarly high level, with no discernable local peak at a
particular pole, so my suspicion is that the source is further down the
line in someplace where I don't have access.  I have sent a recording
and a request for help to my local power company guy, who tries very
hard and has good gear but relatively little knowledge.  The line is
probably 60 years old, dating to this subdivision's beginnings, and has
required a lot of hardware replacement recently.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.