[RFI] 70cm impulse noise

Christopher Wawak kc2ieb at wawak.org
Fri Aug 13 09:32:42 EDT 2021

Hi Jim, thanks! Fascinating suggestion! I think one thing that will tell me
a little bit more about the noise is how time/weather affects it. I've only
had the antenna up a week or so.

I have two questions:

1. The noise seems to end at dark - I'm guessing that these aircraft
operate on a schedule that doesn't necessarily stop at sundown. Would that
be a reason to eliminate it as a possibility?
2. The noise gets weaker as I point my antenna to the sky. It's strongest
when elevation is pointed towards horizon, which to me suggests something
close and on the ground, since the antenna itself is at about 6', sitting
on a tripod on my backyard. Am I correct in that, or am I missing something?

Thanks again for replying - I'm sure I can get this figured out, or I'll
feel real silly spending all this money hihi!

73 Chris KC2IEB