[RFI] Link access to RFI on contesting.com

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 26 17:45:11 EDT 2021

"I found this list by googling "RFI Mailing List", when I initially had
an RFI problem. If I need the archives, I just google "RFI mailing list
archives"."

It adds to the confusion when one realizes that contesting.com page is
"Copyright 2000-2008 eHam.Net".

Yes, ones best bet is to guess that such a list exists, then do a
general search, and find something that looks right.  In this case,
since we suspect there's an RFI list associated with contesting that we
are already members of, we see the result we expect to find, but imagine
the poor fool coming in blind.

I became aware of the list years ago, not by searching, but mention of
such a list on a ham radio intruders forum, and someone there provided a
link, not to contesting.com, where no lists are mentioned, or even eHam,
which seems to host it, but rather, to the page to sign up, which of
course isn't even the actual contesting.com related page that lists the
lists, if one finds that!  God only knows how that person learned of the
list.

It reminds me of that communication exercise of listing the steps of how
to make a sandwich.  Most steps skipped, the rest, assumed, the result,
deranged failure, and no sandwich.

Kurt