[RFI] RFI from arcing power pole 1.1 miles away (video capture of the arc)

Hare, Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Mon Dec 20 16:22:58 EST 2021

With your permission, Don, I'd like to put a link to that video on ARRL's web page on power-line RFI.  We know that not all sparking is visible, but when an arc is occurring, it is way loud.

ARRL has recently hired a new engineer to handle our RFI work and updating all of our web pages is going to be good training for him.

Now, we also need a new Product Review test engineer, if any of you have experience with test equipment and modern amateur gear.

Ed, W1RFI