[RFI] FW: Sweden imposes higher levy on electricity bills for EMC | Southgate Amateur Radio News

Joe w7rkn.7 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 12:51:17 EST 2021

Hi Dave....

My point was simply that to most people. EMI/RFI has little to no meaning.   To tax all for something that, to the majority of people, would have no affect or meaning, was questionable.

I have never disputed the fact that most fees any group or organization imposes, be it government, HOA's, clubs, etc., can (and are) be misused/misspent.

BTW, it was not I who mentioned the vote out of office suggestion.  That too rarely works either.  Case in point, the recent recall election in California.  No problem getting the sigs on the petitions to make the recall possible, but when it came down to the vote, the recall was a bust. (And a waste of California’s taxpayers money. )  [And no, I do not live in California!]

What *IS* my opinion is that the FCC has no concerns about important matters, like anything pertaining to overall communications, but only to those things that generate funds for their perceived needed agendas.  Like frequency allotments, controlling the internet, etc.

::SIGH::  Not much we can do about it, if there are no 'ears' willing to listen to real complaints. L

Joe – W7RKN