[RFI] Sense antenna for ANC-4 power line rfi?

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Wed Jan 13 02:07:01 EST 2021

While waiting on my powerline arc to return in force enough to have
confidence it will be ongoing when I call TVA in, thought I would play
with improving the sense antenna on my Timewave ANC-4. The 3 phase power
runs at the edge of my lot up to the suspect pole. So the noise is
radiating up this way and all the more reason its strong on me I
suspect. I have a storage building underneath the lines. I am thinking
about a vertical made for a scanning receiver I came across and mounting
it up under the lines on that building. I will tack it up there somehow
and move it around to get a sweet spot maybe. Any better ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck
AF4O