[RFI] RF hardened ethernet cards?

Jim Rhodes jimk0xu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 05:27:18 EST 2021

I have realised that I have eventually had to purchase an ethernet card for
every shack computer because the on board interface has died. I have moved
into an apartment (and am regretting it for several reasons) and with the
antenna now being much closer to the station and all the computer equipment
this has happened quite soon on the newest shack PC. My son, who never
caught the ham radio virus, is in charge of the computer systems for a fair
size corporation says this is not something that he has seen any problems
with in any of there thousands of PCs. Most of the stuff I see online is
about the networking (and other things) causing RFI to the receiver. What I
am looking for is keeping my RF from interfering with operation of network
and USB connections as well as actual damage to these devices. Does anybody
have any experience with this?