[RFI] RFI Measurements

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 23 17:45:59 EST 2021

On 1/19/2021 1:28 PM, K9MA wrote:
> This explains why W0FLS and VE6WZ are always working DX I can't hear. On
> the other hand, it could be a lot worse.

There's another BIG reason -- look at VE6WZ's RX antenna farm. Then look
at NO3M's. I don't know what Dave has, but I'll bet it's serious too.

 > Note that these measurements are relative only. At the time of the
 > measurements, The noise from my tribander at 70 feet was about -124
 > dBm/Hz on 20 meters. On 80, it was about -107 dB/Hz on the shunt fed
 > tower, but I'm not sure that means much, as I never use it for receiving.

Your numbers are meaningless, because you're measuring signal level, not
field strength, which must be done with antennas calibrated for the purpose.

73, Jim K9YC