[RFI] tracking RFI with a marine direction finder

nm8rmedic nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:56:18 EST 2021

Another good portable RDF is the Pilot Pal series, with its long rotateable ferrite rod antenna and S-meter.   Same NDB/MW/Marine Band coverage.  The model I have, Pilot II, also has a DF level potentiometer. Scott.  Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Dennis Monticelli <dennis.monticelli at gmail.com> Date: 1/27/21  18:18  (GMT-05:00) To: rfi at contesting.com Subject: [RFI] tracking RFI with a marine direction finder All,Another useful and inexpensive tracking tool is a vintage marine directionfinder.  My particular model (Newmar NAV 101, but sold under many a privatelabel) is battery powered and has three bands: Beacon, BCB, and Marine (1.6to 4MHz).  It has an RF gain control, sig strength meter, a BFO of sorts,and of course a big lovely azimuth calibrated rod antenna that is capableof nice nulls.  I found mine on the local CraigsList but there is alwayseBay.  Many different makes and models were made.Dennis AE6C_______________________________________________RFI mailing listRFI at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/rfi