[RFI] Seeking opinions about origin of this major RFI...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 28 22:43:11 EST 2021

On 1/28/2021 6:26 PM, N2CBU wrote:
> I see peaks and nulls in multiple directions with my rotor-mounted loop, and see one
> significant null in the direction of that intersection. The electric utility investigated the area but reported
> nothing found.

Andrew,

Study the material on using a spectrum analyzer with a waterfall. Also
study the material on NK7Z's site. If you don't have an RX that provides
a very good and slow waterfall display, buy one. They're not expensive.
Without such a display, we're wandering around in the dark.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73, Jim K9YC