[RFI] Odd broadcast radio reception.

Bill Mader billamader at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 22:54:13 EDT 2021

ARRL has always been behind the power curve.  Remember how long it took
them to recognize the lowly transistor and to start including it in
their publications, especially QST and the Handbook?   W0LEV

Perhaps not as long as you remember Dave.  The June 1953 issue of QST had
an article on a  station that consisted of a two-transistor 10 meter AM
transmitter and a two-transistor superregenerative receiver.

That was nearly two years before I got my S-38D for Christmas.  It had only
tubes inside, not even rectifier diodes.  I didn't go solid state until I
built the Hallicrafters S-140K in the early 1960's after suffering with the
S-38D as my Novice RX.

73, Bill Mader, K8TE
New Mexico QSO Party 9 Apr 2022
ARRL New Mexico Section Manager
*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio**™*
Duke City Hamfest Chairman www.dukecityhamfest.org On-Line 18-19 Sep 2021
Secretary/Treasurer and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 11-19 Sep 2021