[RFI] Noise to identify

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Sun Jun 6 18:17:22 EDT 2021

Agreed Jim, thanks. I just have been fortunate to not need that
horsepower (so far). With the 120hz gone, I am hearing some stuff
occasionally that is likely from other homes nearby but its very
intermittent and weak enough that a NB on low setting or ANC-4 handles
it nicely. I cannot see myself bugging the neighbors unless it was much
stronger.

Sitting here now without NB or ANC-4 listening to 30 meters at S1-S2
with either doublet or vertical (makes no difference in background
noise) with only distant T-Storm crashes :-). Been listening to some AM
broadcast too!

Biggest thing I am considering now is going all high security wifi to
get rid of the CAT cables which have birdies no matter what I do it
seems. I have reduced it quite a bit but not all together. But it hardly
seems worth the effort because mine now are not much higher in strength
now than neighbors.

I will digest as much of your writings as I can. Thanks for sharing.

73

Chuck
W4NBO