[RFI] RF susceptibility of Ethernet

Dan K2YWE dan.k2ywe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:10:10 EDT 2021

I'm planning to replace my Actiontech FIOS router and switch the connection
from my FIOS ONT from coax to Ethernet in the process (we have no FIOS TV
devices). We have experienced no interference from my high power ham
station to internet, streaming, or VoIP service using the current coax ONT
link.

I'd like to ensure having low RF susceptibility after the swap. I recognize
that the twisted ethernet pairs will give me some differential mode
rejection, but I'm thinking shielding might be a good idea as well. My
antennas are very close to our wood frame house as our entire lot is only
120 x 75 and the house is in the middle.

Any recommendations on ethernet cable?  I'd appreciate you being as
specific as you can.

TIA and 73, Dan