[RFI] TinySA as an RFI research tool

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Wed Jun 16 23:26:11 EDT 2021

Hugo and all,
      I have looked at and tried the TinySA as an interference testing tool. The sensitivity of the Tiny Sa only goes down to -100 dBm. I was thinking at some point I would add a 20 dB preamp and try it again. As it is by itself with the short vertical it is not sensitive enough to pick up much RFI. I specifically am referring to 40, 80, and 160 meters. I did not try it on VHF with a small beam. In addition, the small vertical antenna supplied with the TinySA swings freely on its connector and will not stay vertical or horizontal.
Lee   K7TJR   OR