[RFI] Experience negotiating with Solar Panel RFI Owners

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 14 19:21:26 EDT 2021

On 3/14/2021 3:12 PM, Christopher Wawak wrote:
> I'm faced with S7-S9 noise across 40m-15m at 200khz intervals. I'm looking
> for assistance resolving this RFI I suspect is coming from a neighbor's
> solar installation. The owners are elderly, and I'm not sure they'll
> understand and be able to remedy the situation. HF is next to unusable.
>

> Some questions:
>
> 0. So far, do I seem on the right path?

Not until you have verified your suspicion about the source of your
noise. At this point, you're only guessing. Study these two links and
use the techniques outlined to track down the source(s) of your noise.
At this point, all you know for certain is that it is some form of
electronically-generated noise. Could be one or more switch-mode power
supplies or a variable-speed motor controller located in your home or
the home(s) of your neighbor(s).

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

Also, study the SDR waterfall technique that NK7Z describes on his website.

73, Jim K9YC