[RFI] FW: Pacemaker and RFI

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Mar 17 14:09:30 EDT 2021

On 3/17/2021 5:38 AM, wx5l at charter.net wrote:
> Is there anyone that has experience or an opinion about operating on HF
> frequencies 40 through 10 meters with a pacemaker?

This question has been raised many times. The following is my
engineering judgment based on the physics. Devices like this have been
carefully engineered to reject any stray fields, and the circuitry
within them is FAR too small to act as an antenna for HF fields.

It's a simple function of wavelengths. That's why they're cautioning
about UHF sources, like cell phones, routers, etc.

73, Jim K9YC